Graphic and functional accessibility guidelines
This documentation brings together all the accessibility specifications to consider during the graphic design and ergonomics stages of website or web application development (wireframes, prototypes, mock-ups, etc.) to ensure WCAG 2.1 compliance.
By taking these recommendations into account you can plan for the inclusion of a maximum number of accessibility criteria before the technical integration and development phases.
Several recommendations in this manual can also apply to the functional design of a website or web application (inclusion of a search engine, functionalities for a media player, etc.).
Last update: Nov 3rd, 2018.
- Graphic and functional accessibility guidelines (PDF, 2.6Mb)
- Graphic and functional accessibility guidelines (DOC, 6.3Mb)
This version is continuously improved and updated.
- 1. Navigation
- 2. Colours
- 3. Links
- 4. Orientation and screen size
- 5. Time management
- 6. Forms
- 7. Rich content and multimedia
- 8. Additional rules for compliance
- Complementary guidelines