Accessibility guidelines for editors (template)
This document is a template with recommendations that can be customized for each project and used to write an accessibility manual specifically designed for content editors, with all the instructions they need on how to make online content accessible.
This document lists the good practices to be applied by content editors to make sure their web content is accessible (links, images, text, etc.). It also explains how to customize the instructions and adapt them to the content management system (CMS) used.
Last update: Nov 3rd, 2018.
- Accessibility guidelines for editors (template) (PDF, 1.1Mb)
- Accessibility guidelines for editors (template) (DOC, 2.2Mb)
This version is continuously improved and updated.
- 1. Formatting accessible content
- 2. Use a consistent hierarchy of headings
- 3. Write accessible links
- 4. Make images accessible
- 5. Use bulleted and numbered lists correctly
- 6. Write content in an accessible way
- 7. Use colors and contrast correctly
- 8. Use rich content and multimedia correctly